Monday, January 21, 2013

Request for responses: survey on homelessness in Ocean County

Connie met John DiCesare at the homelessness rally day event in the Lakewood Town Square last year.  He asked that Connie forward this to all of you.  I am passing it along to you.


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: DiCesare, John [dicesarej] <dicesarej@student.wpunj.edu>
Date: Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Subject: Survey on homelessness in Ocean County/The Lakewood Study


I'm a current graduate student at William Paterson University.  I will be graduating in May of 2013 with a Master of Arts degree in Applied Sociology.  Over the summer I completed a 120 hour internship at the Bergen County Housing, Health and Human Services Center in Hackensack.  More recently I accompanied Dr. DasGupta of Georgian Court College to tent city and subsequently completed volunteer work there with Tom Spina.  

I am in the process of gathering data for my thesis which entails a comprehensive study of homelessness in Ocean County.  The primary component of my research consists of administering a survey in hard-copy, at the street level, and online at the Survey Monkey website (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/the_lakewood_study).  My Survey, entitled: The Lakewood Study, utilizes questions from several reputable surveys designed to gauge public support for increased social servicing for the homeless.  My intention is to determine whether or not the tax-payers of Ocean County support the establishment of a temporary homeless shelter or the status quo.  

I'm hoping to have at least 580 Ocean County residents complete one form of the survey or the other by February 1, 2013.  If you know of any other people who might be interested in filling out the brief survey please don't hesitate to forward them the link as well.  As a side note, I will be attending the H.E.L.P. meeting on January 14th, hope to see you there.  I'm also available for volunteer work at tent city or in greater Ocean County throughout May so feel free to send me an email if you need any assistance.   Again, the link for the survey is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/the_lakewood_study
Sincerely, 
John M. DiCesare

No comments:

Post a Comment